For more than 30 years, St. Luke's has helped first to establish and then support the Central Brevard Sharing Center. We are proud to know that our Holiday Fair, going on for more than 30 years, donates all proceeds to the Central Brevard Sharing Center. In addition, many of our parishioners volunteer at the sharing center, helping to serve food, listen to the clients or donate food or money.
Remembering Christ's love for His children, we donate toys at Christmas to help spread His joy.
The Sams were one of the original founders of our church back in 1888. In 1875 John H. Sams built a cabin which is considered the oldest standing home in Brevard County, FL. He brought it to this location in 1878 from Eau Gallie, deconstructed, floated up the Indian River Lagoon, and reassembled here. His family, in this 600 sq. ft. cabin consisted of 4 adults and 6 children.
The Sams House is a About 1 mile north from our church on Tropical Trail is the Sams House.
Travel back in time here and along the paved trail where interactive exhibits highlight Pine Island's many past inhabitants.